Exciting times ahead with the Festival now in it’s 20th year – an achievement worth celebrating. And we are going to do just that, as well as honour those whose brainchild brought such a successful event to our region.
You are receiving this email because you’ve volunteered with us at the Hampton Festival in previous years and we are hoping that you may be able to offer a small amount of your time for the 2023 Festival. As the old saying goes, many hands make light work.
My name is Kerry Schemioneck, (firstname.lastname@example.org or mobile no 0448657010), and I am looking forward to working with those of you I was delighted to meet, and appreciated your assistance, last year, as well as welcome any of you who would like to be a part of this amazing event.
The Festival provides a wonderful opportunity to showcase our local produce, small businesses and creative talent to our very important visitors to the area, with the usual Food Stallholders, Growers on the Green, Art, Music, and Children’s Activities.
To achieve a successful festival, we rely on the support of dedicated people, such as you Kerry (Volunteer Coordinator), and thank you for your willingness, in the past, to lend a hand. We are, again, hoping that we can count on you to offer assistance, even for just a couple of hours.
Our 2023 festival is now fast approaching and with so many varied volunteer roles, either prior to the festival in the area of setup, during the festival, or post festival with pull-down, there is something that will no doubt suit you. Please just indicate your willingness and preferences by clicking the following link 2023 Volunteer Interest Form (jotform.com) and registering on-line. Also, if you know of anyone who would love to be involved please ask them to contact me on email@example.com or 0448657010 or pass on to them the link above.
For other information about the festival, please browse the festival website on www.hamptonfestival.com where you will find loads of great information and a link to receive the regular festival newsletter.
So… again, thank you. You are amazing and thank you for coming forward and helping to put our region ‘on the map’! We have so much to offer and we know that you love sharing it as much as we do. We can’t wait to work with you.
Below, I have attached an outline of the various roles that you are able to consider volunteering for. If you aren’t familiar with using the website, you are very welcome to reply to my email and indicate your willingness to participate. I am only too happy to assist you with this process.
Let us know what suits you, Kerry (Volunteer Coordinator)
- SET UP: – Wednesday, Thursday, Friday &/or Saturday – Setup includes erecting small marquees, signs, perimeter fence and flags, and general installation tasks. Some manual work required
- FESTIVAL DAY: – Sunday – Involves a variety of tasks including Assisting Ticketholders and Stallholders on the day in various locations throughout the Festival. Other areas involve volunteering on various stalls such as Produce, Art, Children’s Activities, ‘Growers on the Green’ Producer Demonstration area, Festival Bar, Entrance Gates, Soft Drink Sales, Merchandise and the Eatery area.
- PACK UP: – Monday – Includes packing down marquees, pulling down all signs and general tidying of the area. Some manual work required.
- NOTE* You will have the option of working as a volunteer on all days, one or partial days. Please specify in the notes below. On the Festival Day the options are working the morning shift – 9am-12:30pm, or the afternoon shift – 12:30pm – 4pm. If you are part of the Eatery Area crew, the shifts will be broken down into smaller intervals.
QUESTIONS – Please reply with answers to these questions, or let me know if you have any questions of your own.
- First and Last name and Preferred Name
- Phone Number (optional)
- Suburb or Town
- What area of the festival would you like to volunteer? (See above for description, or say ‘no preference’)
- What days are you available to work, see below:
- Wednesday – Set Up
- Thursday – Set Up
- Friday – Set Up
- Saturday – Set Up
- Sunday – Festival Day – Available Anytime
- Sunday – Festival Day – Morning Shift
- Sunday – Festival Day – Afternoon Shift
- Monday – Pack Up
- I’d like to express my interest for any days
- Other (Please specify in your response)
Let me know of your particular skills or hobbies too as these may be very helpful. Perhaps you have a current First Aid Certificate or a RSA certificate, or other skills such as communication, money handling, tradesman/handyman, art exhibition facilitation, horticulture interests, practical hands-on skills, and so on. Anything that you believe relates to the running of a produce & creative arts festival. Further, please indicate if you have any disability issues so that we can better plan for your needs.
I look forward to hearing from you soon!
Volunteer Coordinator | Hampton Festival