HAMPTON Festival Program
HAMPTON ART EXHIBITION
Saturday 20 May - Exhibition opening and preview 2.30pm - 5.00pm
Sunday 21 May - Open all day as part of the HAMPTON FESTIVAL 9.30am - 4.00pm
artist in residence
The artists demonstrating at the 2017 Festival are:
- Don Milner - artist
- Kerry Smith - wood
- Tonia Pawlyszyn - costume designer
- Di Hanson - mineral photos
plus Artsworx artists and guest McGregor tutors
Friday 19 may 2017
Four Cheesemaking workshops will be held on Friday and Saturday.
HISTORIC HOMESTEADS PROGRESSIVE DINNER
saturday 20 may 2017
FOOD & ART WORKSHOPS
Four exciting different workshops will be held on Saturday. Prior booking is required. Workshops are:
- Cheesemaking with Graham Redhead - two workshop sessions
- Draw and Pour (Charcoal sketching and wine appreciation & tasting) with Don Milner and Peter Orr
- Beer masterclass with Matt Kirkegaard - two workshop sessions
- Harvest, Cook & Dine cooking class with Paul West, River Cottage Australia
HAMPTON ART EXHIBITION OPENING AND PREVIEW
2.30pm to 5.00pm - The Hampton Art Exhibition preview and opening takes place at Chapman Park, Hampton. Artists, guests and the general public are invited to join us as we celebrate the preview with light refreshments.
The inaugural USQ Artsworx Bursary will be announced at the opening.
Sunday 21 may 2017
Hampton Festival- Chapman Park
Entry $10 per person, children under 12 are free.
Our 2017 event promises to be a brilliant day out for your family. There will be something on offer for everyone. Watch cooking demonstrations, taste superb, locally made food and wine, pick up some gourmet ingredients from the marketplace, watch our Artists in Residence go about their work or simply kick back in the shade of our majestic blue gums and enjoy the great live music and the unique atmosphere of our high country village.
Cooking demonstrations are scheduled throughout the day at the Festival. We are very pleased to be welcoming Paul West of River Cottage Australia fame and sustainable farming and organic food guru. You are in for a treat with his cooking demonstrations!
The guru of beer, BeerMatt, Matt Kirkegaard, will also be attending the festival to share is passion giving you insight into beerappreciation.
- 10.00-10.30am 'Beer for Breakfast?' -BeerMatt
Now we're not suggesting you have beer for breakfast, but then again Champagne breakfasts are an established thing! Join BeerMatt , as he highlights some of the curious flavours of beer that see it pair perfectly with breakfast...smoky bacon, fruit salad, banana and coffee are just a few of the flavours that you can find in beer that might surprise you!
- 10.45 – 11.30am Paul West cooking demonstration
- 11.45 – 12.15pm How Beer and Food go together - BeerMatt & Paul West
Classic beers for matching ... find out where to start in your beer and food matching with these bullet proof beers for the dining table
- 12.30 -1.15pm Paul West cooking demonstration
- 1.30 – 2.00pm Blueberries in beer? Beer appreciation and farm talk - BeerMatt & Justin Russell, Half Moon Farm
Hear Matt & Justin discuss the vast variety of food produced in the Hampton area and even how blueberries have found their way into beer! You will get to try Blueberry beer for yourself!
- 2.15-3.00pm Paul West cooking demonstration
live music STAGE TIMES
We have a fantastic line up of live music
- 10:00-10:45 Dana Hassall
- 11:00-11:45 The O’Brien Quartet
- 12:00-12:45 The Hobsons
- 1:00-1:45 The O'Brien Quartet
- 2:00-2:45 The Hobsons
- 3:00 -3.45 Hayley Chalmers
KIDS IN THE KITCHEN
‘Kids in the Kitchen’ is a fun and interactive cooking session. Your children will love this opportunity to be a 'chef' and prepare a tasty & nutritious recipe that they will then get to enjoy eating. Dressed in their own bright and colourful chef hat and apron they will really feel like a chef for the session! This is a free activity for children of all ages. Sessions run for 30mins and are held throughout the day at:
- 10.30am | 11.30am | 12.30pm | 1.30pm | 2.30pm