Hampton Festival Program
Friday 18 may 2018
* 'FARMERS LA FEMME - A CELEBRATION OF HIGH COUNTRY PRODUCE' DINNER - Emeraude Micro-region Eatery, Hampton. 6.30pm
Bookings opening soon with further details.
Saturday 19 may 2018
* FOOD & ART WORKSHOPS - times vary (see workshop tab for details)
Eight exciting different workshops will be held on Saturday. Prior booking is required. Workshops are:
- Japanese Essential: Make your own Miso
- Vietnamese Cooking class & Traditional Lunch (+bonus optional bush walk in the gorge)
- Beer & Cheese Matching
- 'Style That Table' floral art
- 'Beautiful European-style hand held Bouquets'
- Wild Weaving
- Introduction to Aquaponics
* 'A TASTE OF THE REGION' GOURMET LUNCH at Reflections- Lake Cooby
* HAMPTON ART EXHIBITION OPENING AND PREVIEW
FREE ENTRY and OPEN from 2.30pm to 5.00pm.
The Hampton Art Exhibition preview and opening takes place at Chapman Park, Hampton. Artists, guests and the general public are invited to join us as we celebrate the preview and light refreshments will be served.
The USQ Artsworx Bursary, Hampton Art Exhibition Hangers prize and the Year 6 Student prize will all be announced at the opening.
HAMPTON ART EXHIBITION
Saturday 19 May - Exhibition opening and preview 2.30pm - 5.00pm
Sunday 20 May - Open all day as part of the HAMPTON FESTIVAL 9.30am - 4.00pm
Sunday 20 may 2018
*** HAMPTON FESTIVAL - CHAPMAN PARK ***
* Entry- $12 per person, children under 12 are free
* Priority entry - $10 per person, children under 12 yrs are free. (Online bookings only) Priority fast lane entry and each booking goes in the draw to win a 2 night holiday for 2 people at Tweeters Country Getaway. (Terms & conditions apply - see bookings for details)
Our 2018 event promises to be a brilliant day out for your family. There will be something on offer for everyone. Watch cooking demonstrations, taste superb, locally made food, wine and sample specialty craft beers , pick up some gourmet ingredients from the marketplace, watch our artists in residence create masterpieces or simply kick back in the shade of our majestic blue gums and enjoy the great live music and the unique atmosphere of our high country village.
Priority entry bookings open soon.
Cooking demonstrations are scheduled throughout the day at the Festival.
The guru of beer, BeerMatt, Matt Kirkegaard, will be attending the festival to share is passion giving you insight into beer appreciation both in the Chef's Marquee and he will be running beer tasting and education throughout the day.
We have a fantastic line up of live music
- The Hobsons
- Hailey Calvert
- The Blues Excuse
KIDS IN THE KITCHEN
‘Kids in the Kitchen’ is a fun and interactive cooking session. Your children will love this opportunity to be a 'chef' and prepare a tasty & nutritious recipe that they will then get to enjoy eating. Dressed in their own bright and colourful chef hat and apron they will really feel like a chef for the session! This is a free activity for children of all ages. Sessions are held throughout the day.
HAMPTON ART EXHIBITION
The Hampton Festival provides an outlet for the work of both professional and up and coming visual, performance, vocal and craft artists. Come along and see who won the USQ Artsworx Bursary for 2018 and the Hampton Art Exhibition Hangers prize.
The Hampton Art Exhibition is OPEN FROM 9.30AM TO 4.00PM
The exhibition continues to offer a wonderful opportunity for prominent and emerging artists living within a 50km radius of Hampton to present their work to an audience of thousands.
A new section will feature at the 2018 Exhibition with a section for Year 6 students from schools in the Hampton area.
artist in residence
The artists will demonstrate their artistic pursuits during the festival from 9.30am to 4.00pm on Sunday.